1. Completely thaw halibut steaks, remove from packaging and pat dry. Rub with a little olive oil and season with pepper.
2. Soften butter, add zest of one lemon and 1 Tbsp of lemon juice with finely minced parsley and smoked seasoning. Stir to combine and pipe out on silicon paper, freeze to firm up and store in cooler once set.
3. Prepare rice to package directions, hold hot. Roll-cut carrots, toss with EVOO, season and roast in 350F oven for 12-15 minutes. Hold hot.
4. Shave Brussels on a mandolin, julienne bacon strips. Fry bacon over medium heat and remove with slotted spoon once crisp, leaving the fat. Sautee shredded sprouts 2-3 minutes until bright green and slightly soft. Add cream, season and reduce. Return bacon to pan with a spoonful of grainy mustard. Hold hot.
5. Sprinkle halibut loins with a little Kosher salt and cook on a well-seasoned grill, 2-3 minutes per side. Split remaining lemons in half and grill.
6. To plate – arrange a round form towards one end of a rectangular plate, spoon a quarter of the rice in the bottom and then a quarter of the Brussels sprouts. Remove ring and set grilled halibut on the rice. Set some of the carrots down and garnish with a sprig or two of the parsley, the grilled lemon half and a pat of the compound butter on the fish.