· In a measuring cup, blend soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, sugar, sesame seeds, crushed chili pepper and garlic. Pour half the vinaigrette into a soup plate and toss in veal medallion steaks. Cover with film wrap and marinate meat for 1 hour in refrigerator. Set aside rest of vinaigrette for salad.
· On a grill pan or preheated BBQ, grill grain-fed medallion steaks at moderately high heat for about 3 minutes on each side, turning only once.
· Set aside meat on a platter and cover with aluminum foil. Let rest for 5 minutes.
· In a bowl, toss together carrots, cucumber, bean sprouts, snow peas and onions. Pour remaining vinaigrette onto salad, season with salt and pepper, and toss.
· Divide salad onto 4 serving plates.
· Cut steak with the grain on an angle into 3 mm (¼ in) slices, then slice into smaller strips and arrange veal strips on the salad.